HELP US HELP THEM:
Our annual "12 Days of Fishmas" online auction is one of our major fund-raising events each year. All the money raised will be directed into our Australian cancer support programs to help people like those featured in the video above. Our Casting for Recovery and Reel Recovery programs are uplifting life-changing events for the participants, so many of whom are facing very significant challenges and hardships. So please help us to help them by bidding generously on the wonderful items that our sponsors have donated. We value every dollar as all money raised will be directed back into our cancer retreat programs and the activities which support them.
With your help, we will change lives, one cast at a time!
To register as a bidder you will need to create a login account for AirAuctioneer on the link provided. The simplest way is to register by connecting with your Facebook or Google account. Alternatively, you can sign up using an email address. This is necessary as communication with bidders during the auction occurs via email and onscreen. Note there are options for fixed bids or incremental bids up to a maximum amount, so please familiarise yourselves with how they work. If you happen to be outbid on an item then please consider pledging a donation to us instead by using the buttons on the LHS of this home page.
Before bidding please read the Terms and Conditions section below:
Thank you for supporting Mending Casts and our cancer retreat programs
Auction terms and conditions
- The auction commences at 8am on 29th Nov 2023 and will complete at 10pm on the 10th Dec 23 (unless the automatic extension feature is envoked).
- NO bids will be accepted prior to the commencement date and time.
- Bids will only be accepted if they are made online through the AirAuctioneer platform provided - no offline or secret bids are permitted
- NO bids posted in ANY other locations, or sent as private messages to the organisers etc. will be considered.
- All bids are in Australian Dollars ($AUD)
- The minimum bidding increments are as defined for each item
- A 7.5% Administration Fee is being applied to each item to cover postage and handling
- An opening Reserve price is defined for each item
- ADMINS reserve the right to reject and/or remove any bids posted incorrectly, or any posts that do not meet the terms and conditions as stated
- Admins may use their own discretion to block or ban bidders from participating if deemed necessary
- An automatic auction extension feature is active which is designed to prevent 'sniping'. Any bid placed within the last 10 minutes of the auction ending will see the cutoff for that item extended by a further 10 minutes. This will happen up to 5 times after which the item is sold to the highest bidder.
- The winning bidder for each item will be contacted by email at the end of the auction and given bank or PayPal details through which to complete payment
- The winning bidder must pay the full amount for the item in accordance with their final bid plus the associated administration fee.
- Local pickup can be arranged from Greensborough in Victoria, Australia.
- Items will NOT be posted until payment has been cleared in the nominated bank account
- Items will be posted using registered mail with track’n’trace tag provided.
- If payment is not received IN FULL by 5pm 13th December 2023, the sale will be cancelled and the item re-offered to the 2nd highest bidder for the price they bid,
NOTE: Mending Casts Inc members are NOT permitted to participate in this Auction.
MENDING CASTS - Who are we?
Mending Casts Inc is a not-for-profit registered charity that was formed in early 2019 to run free fly fishing retreats for people with cancer. This includes the internationally acclaimed women's Casting for Recovery program in Victoria and Reel Recovery programs for men throughout Australia.
We are run solely by volunteers and rely exclusively on fund-raisers, donations, sponsorships & grants to fund these programs. We cannot operate without public generosity so every dollar received is invested back into our programs and the activities which support them.
See our website: https://www.mendingcasts.org/
ABN: 53 801 034 308