BARRELS OF FUN! Carmel Valley Art Association's Community Fund Raiser
Carmel Valley Art Association (CVAA) rolls out BARRELS OF FUN, a community-based fund raiser merging the best of both of our worlds—ART & WINE! Folktale Winery generously donated the wine barrels and CVAA's Featured Artists used them as 3D canvases to paint and adorn in their own talented ways. The barrels have business sponsorship, are on display for a few weeks in Village storefronts, and then will be won by the highest bidder via online auction during the 15th Annual Art & WineWalk & Gift Faire on Saturday November 26 (event held on Del Fino Place).
THANK YOU to our local business barrel sponsors! Look for the one-of-a-kind BARRELS OF FUN displayed at Carmel Valley Village businesses and BID ON YOUR FAVORITES! Which of the barrels would YOU like to own? Bidding begins November 4. Winning bidders will be announced during the CVAA's 15th Annual Art & WineWalk & Gift Faire on Saturday, November 26.
• The Quail & Olive generously sponsored "SUNBLOOMS" wine barrel painted by CVAA artist Peggy Hutton
• Chesebro Wines & Art generously sponsored "CARMEL VALLEY AFTERNOON" wine barrel painted by CVAA artist Ben Anderson
• Scratch Wine Tasting Room generously sponsored "PISCES" wine barrel painted with a mosaic top by CVAA artist Didier Guedj
• M.J. Murphy Lumber & Hardware generously sponsored "CARMEL VALLEY HIGH" wine barrel painted by CVAA artist Bobbie Brainerd
• Avant Garden & Home / P.S.T.S. generously sponsored "LADYBUG PARTY TIME" wine barrel painted by CVAA artist Judith Parham
• Village Wine & Tap Room generously sponsored "BEFORE THE CRUSH" wine barrel painted by CVAA artist Judy Verlenden
• Plaza Linda Restaurant generously sponsored "SALUTE!" wine barrel painted by CVAA artist Linda H. M. Elling
• The Courtyard at Carmel Valley generously sponsored "FUN IN THE SUN" wine barrel painted by CVAA artist and founder Shelley A. Aliotti
• Quail Lodge & Golf Club generously sponsored "CARMEL BEACH LIGHT" wine barrel painted by CVAA artist Thomas Hawley
Thanks again to Folktale Winery for donating the wine barrel "canvasses" so that this fund raiser could happen.
Carmel Valley Art Association (CVAA), a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, promotes local art and artists—it’s the heart of our vision and purpose. Since 2006, CVAA co-founders John & Shelley Aliotti have poured heart and soul in to gathering this community of artists and forming the gallery. The CVAA gallery is the oldest and largest fine art gallery in the Carmel Valley area, featuring 40 unique local artists who create in varying mediums from oil, acrylic & watercolor paintings to glass, mosaic, wood & bronze sculpture, photography, jewelry, and mixed media.
CVAA serves as an artistic nexus in this rural and somewhat remote area, providing location, promotion and environment for artists, the local community, and visitors/tourists to converge for mutual benefit. The ever-changing variety of art pieces, along with transitions in display and multi-channel promotion attract approximately 500 unique visits and 100 sales per month.
The abundance of creativity and talent in this “artist-colony-esque” community is impressive. The gallery itself, paired with CVAA’s multiple information and promotional channels, enable members to garner confidence and exposure while building connections to support themselves. Further, the CVAA supports and promotes member artists by hosting numerous activities on site during the year, while also participating in community ‘pairings’ at other venues—resorts, lodges, wineries, parks, and local chamber of commerce events, festivals, etc. A unique, special feature of CVAA’s gallery is the “Meet & Greet” artist of the day who welcomes visitors.
Non-profit status enabled the CVAA to extend membership inclusion to associate artists, friends of CVAA (community-based), and emerging artists, which in turn supports and promotes the interconnection between artists, the local community, and visitors/tourists.