Bid on items from your favourite brands for riding, hospitality and food and give back to Victoria’s Alpine Community.
The Victorian Alpine community has a special place in our heart, it's a place full of adventure, with beautiful mountains (for going up or down), great people, amazing food and adrenaline-filled memories.
Right now, the community is hurting.
Following the bushfires and the cancellation of the 2020 ski season, the Victorian Alpine Community has had a challenging year. We thought it necessary to act as one during these times. This way, we can all go back to enjoy the fresh food, sunshine, and snow when the storm has passed.
To give back to Victoria’s Alpine Community, we've created an auction to raise funds. You bid to purchase great products and services, and we put 100% of the money back into the community.
The money raised will go to the nonprofit organisation Into Our Hands, based in North East Victoria. With their help, we will create a series of $2500 grants to help fund projects that will benefit the communities of the Victorian Alpine Region. To maximise the impact while it's needed, we will open grants during the first two weeks of December. Learn more about the give back process and Into Our Hands by clicking on the "Our Give Back Process" accordion below.
The best part of the auction, is that many industry leaders are helping. Find gear and services donated from Atomic, Arc'teryx, Salomon, Suunto, Specialized, Affirmations, Traverse Alpine Group, Burton, Volkl and Marker, The North Face, Stomping Grounds, Sea To Summit, Pack Raft Australia, Oakley, Mt Baw Baw, Le Bent, K7 Adventures, Tess Coady, Adventure Entertainment, Harrietville Snowline Hotel, Drew Jolowicz, Dragon Alliance, Bright Adventure Group, Black Crows and more!
Browse below to find a treat perfect for you.
*Auction items (including shipping) are for Australia Shipping addresses only. No auction item includes shipping or any service outside of Australia.
A big thank you to Snowsbest for lending the required experience to put this together and being our primary media partner.
Auction terms and conditions
Victorian Alps Relief Auction – Terms & Conditions
The Victorian Alps Relief Auction is a not-for-profit fundraiser for the Victorian alpine region.
Businesses have donated items to be auctioned to Amer Sports Australian Pty Ltd (ACN 063 414 568) who has arranged for the items to be auctioned on the AirAuctioneer online auction platform. Into Our Hands, our non-profit partner, will distribute funds raised from the auction.
To participate you must be over the age of 18 years and must register with AirAuctioneer. By registering and bidding for any item in the auction you accept your obligation sunder the AirAuctioneer user agreement (https://airauctioneer.com/user/agreement), including the obligation to pay for the item if you are the highest bidder.
The auction will run from 12 Nov 12:01 AM AEST to 23 Nov 8 PM AEST. Some items may be closed for bidding prior to the end of the auction. The closing time for bidding for each item will be listed on the AirAuctioneer site.
By placing a bid you agree to purchase the item at your bid price if you are the highest bidder.
The following additional terms apply if you participate in the auction:
- All items auctioned have been donated to Amer. The description of each item has been provided by the donor of the item. Amer is not liable for any error, omission or misstatement in the description of any item.
- Before bidding for an item you should check what is included with the item in the description on AirAuctioneer. For instance, items will only be shipped within Australia.
- When an item involves accommodation, the cost of travel and insurance is your responsibility unless explicitly stated otherwise in the description of the item. All requirements preliminary to travel such as obtaining a valid passport or visas are your obligation.
- You acknowledge that:
- the item value in the description is the donor’s estimate of fair market value. This may change or you may be able to obtain the item for a lower price outside the auction;
- the descriptions and illustrations are provided by donors and may not be exact;
- if you are the highest bidder for an item you must make payment through Stripe in accordance with the AirAuctioneer user agreement (which may include processing and application fees) within 48 hours of notification through the AirAuctioneer platform that you are the highest bidder. No item will be shipped to you until the purchase price has been paid;
- Amer Sports Australia PLY LTD has no liability to you if the description of any item is inaccurate;
- Amer Sports Australia PLY LTD retains the discretion at any time to withdraw an item from the auction, to refuse a bid, to disqualify you as a participant in the auction and to cancel the auction. Amer has no liability to you if it does any of these things;
- you participate in the auction at your own risk and to the extent available at law, Amer is not liable to you for any loss or damage (including indirect or consequential loss or loss of profit) arising out of or incidental to your participation in the auction;
- Amer Sports Australia PLY LTD makes no representation as to the suitability of any of the items for your purposes. Any item purchased by you is purchased at your own risk in all respects;
- Amer Sports Australia PLY LTD is not liable to you if there is any delay or failure in delivery of an item to your nominated address; and
- Any query or complaint you have about an item following delivery of the item to you must be taken up with the donor of the item and not with Amer.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the law of Victoria and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
- Amer Sports Australia PLY LTD undertakes that all funds raised from the auction will be donated to businesses and organisations which operate in the Victorian alpine region, being within a 30KM radius of Mansfield, Mount Bulla, Bright, Hotham, Dinner Plain, Beechworth, Mount Buffalo, Walhalla, Mount Baw Baw, Marysville, Lake Mountain, Mount Beauty and Falls Creek.
- If you are unable to pay the purchase price as required then you must notify Amer Sports Australia PLY LTD. Amer Sports Australia PLY LTD reserves the right to:
- rescind the sale to you;
- take legal action to collect from you the amount you agreed to pay for the item; and
- offer the item to the second highest bidder.
Our Give Back Process
Donations and Give Back
All money raised will go into the grant pool that we’ve created in partnership with Into Our Hands. These grants will be handed back into the community to support projects that are beneficial for the area. Into Our Hands will work to design and deliver community grants round for identified communities across agreed focus areas (Alpine and North East Victoria). They will also help to encourage local support with community engagement, reach, grant administration and due diligence for grant recipients with the goal of making all money raised be as beneficial as possible to the communities.
Grants will be open for applications by Mid December, and closing on 31st January 2021. Our goal is to give the money to the communities as fast as possible, as now is the time when it’s needed.
Grants size and split
Grants will be in segments of $2500. The more we raise, the more grants we will be able to offer to the community. Money raised in excess of a $2500 segment will be divided between the current grant recipients. For example, if we raise $16,000 that means that we have 7 winners of $2500. In this case, the extra $1000 will be divided between the grant recipients.
Who will decide who will receive the money?
Grant due diligence and assessment is done by a community represented Board and a trained grant staff from Into Our Hands.
Where will the winners be announced? The winners will be announced in February on www.snowbest.com.
Learn more about our partner Into Our Hands
Into Our Hands Community Foundation was formed in 2012 to provide benefits to the region of North East Victoria and surrounding communities, making grants and undertaking community leadership and partnership activities.
Since 2012 Into Our Hands have awarded in excess of 100 grants, worth over $1Million back to community organisations and projects. Into Our Hands have a proven track record with Grant Partnerships of this nature including with the following partners:
- Global Giving Foundation (United States) (Jan 2020) $28,740
- Nelson Alexander Charitable Trust (Mar 2020) $43,000
- June Canavan Foundation (Aug 2020) $24,500
If you’d like to learn more, please visit https://intoourhandsfoundation.com.au/