The devastation of the Australian bushfires has brought together communities in an incredible outpouring of support for those affected by the worst fires in our history. All of us at Arthouse Gallery have heard the call and today we take action.
In contribution to the rebuilding and regeneration of our unique country, we are launching Art Takes Action! Arthouse Gallery's Bushfire Appeal. This is an online art auction. Thirty-two of our extraordinary artists have generously donated their artworks and nominated a charitable organisation defending, rebuilding lives, communities, wildlife and the land affected by this devastation. 100% of the successful bid in this auction will be given to the respective artist’s nominated charity.
All together we are aiming to raise $60,000 in 7 days. Bidding closes Thursday 23 January at 5pm. We hope you can dig deep and help us reach this target, your generosity is changing the world.
* Please read the Terms and Conditions below before bidding!
Auction terms and conditions
- 100% of the successful auction bid will be donated by Arthouse Gallery in conjunction with the respective artist to their nominated charity.
- This auction ends 5pm AEDT Thursday 23 January 2020, after which time the winning bidder for each lot will be contacted by Arthouse Gallery to transact the payment. The best form of payment for us is direct transfer which incurs no additional services fees. Our bank account details will be shared with the winning bidders. Or alternatively payments can be made via credit card. Please note that credit cards incur an additional service fee. Mastercard - 1.2%, Visa - 1.5% and Amex 1.65%.
- Once the artwork has been paid in full and the payment received by Arthouse Gallery the winning bidder will be issued a receipt and is welcome to make collection of the artwork from Arthouse Gallery, 66 McLachlan Ave, Rushcutters Bay, Sydney, Australia, unless otherwise stated.
- If transport of the artwork is required this will be an additional cost that must be paid for by the winning bidder. Arthouse Gallery will co-ordinate this with our transport partners.
- If you're thinking of bidding but would like an estimate of shipping costs before you bid, please email the gallery email@example.com and we will do our best to get an transport quote for you before the bidding ends.
- We welcome international bidding however please be aware that international artwork transport can be expensive. We will endeavour to find the most competitive shipping cost.
- All bids are final - due to the charitable nature of this auction and the urgency of the relief efforts, we will be donating all funds received ASAP and therefore we are not able to offer returns or refunds for artwork purchased via this auction.
- All artwork is depicted as accurately as possible, however true colours may vary slightly from those in the photographs depicted on this website.
- As this auction is reward-based, unfortunately donations are not tax deductible. (That’s a requirement of the ATO, however, whether you can claim an artwork purchase on your business is a question for your accountant!)
- Unfortunately we are not accepting upfront donations as we are not a registered charity with DRG status, so we cannot offer you a tax deductible receipt for your donation. If you're not in the market for art, but would like to support the cause, we definitely encourage you to donate to any of our artist nominated charities.
Thank you so much for your support!
Items in this auction are being sold by Arthouse Gallery Australia Pty Ltd.Telephone: +61 2 9332 1019